I am a 9-year active member of the Institute & Faculty of Actuaries(IfoA) of the UK
- To exhibit commitment, motivation and work pro-actively and honestly in my assigned duties; rise through the university academic ranks through sheer hard work.
- Contribute to the betterment of society in my passionate areas of interests in the fields of Actuarial Sciences and Medical Statistics/Demography with an adoption of application of knowledge of big data and Machine Learning data analysis.
- Awarded sponsorship through the Actuarial Educators Network, to attend the 31st International Conference of Actuaries in Berlin Germany
- Successfully participated in a Biostatistics course viz “Case Studies in Causal Inference for HIV and Biomedical Research’, at the Noble Conference Centre, Eldoret, from 19th-22nd September, 2016.
Scholarships and research awards
- Awarded the W.H.O training fellowship to pursue MSc. In Biostatistics/Medical Statistics, Biostatistics tenable at the University of Ibadan in the 2007/2008 academic year
- Awarded the Smarak Nidhi Gadhi partial scholarship to pursue M.A in Project Planning & Management, tenable at the University of Nairobi in the 2009/2011 academic year
- Awarded a Moi University partial scholarship award, valued at KSh. 114,000 to pursue PhD. in Biostatistics, tenable at Moi University