Andrew Chelimo is a Kenyan born 24th June 1974 and joined Moi University (Dept. Linguistics and Foreign Languages, School of Arts and Social Sciences) as a lecturer in September, 2015, and still serving in that capacity to date.
a) At University Level (As a Lecturer at Moi University)
2019 Oct-Jan 2020):
Ag. HOD Linguistics and Foreign Languages Dept.
2016 Jan t- Date:
Dept. chairperson Examination section
2015 Aug to Date:
Lecturer dept. linguistics: in charge of examinations, member welfare committee
2012, 1st September to 10th August 2012: External part time Lecturer, Eldoret West Campus and Nairobi Campus. Taught: Introduction to the study of Language, The Art of Writing, English Morphology and Language and Identity.
2015, 1st October to 9th December 2017: Internal part time Lecturer, Eldoret West Campus and Nairobi Campus. Taught Introduction to the study of Language, The Art of Writing, English Morphology and Language and Identity.
- Main duties involve lecturing Undergraduate at undergraduate - BA (English, Linguistics, LMC), BAE (English group), BED (Arts) and School Based English group.
- Supervising undergraduate research projects, setting and Moderating University Examinations; participating in the Departmental and School Research Projects and Participating in Teaching Practice supervision
- As Dept. chair of exams, I oversee all matters related to examinations in the department that include: setting, internal and external moderation of questions, administration of department exams, overseeing timely submission of marks and uploading and externalization of the same.
Participation in Private Research Consultancies (I contributed to production of a book for The National Cohesion and Integration Commission of Kenya in 2012),
b) As High School Teacher - Tambach High School
2001 to 2015: Senior Graduate teacher of English Language and Literature
- Teaching, making notes and research, assessing and providing feedback
2012 to 2015: Senior Head of Department - Guidance and Counseling
- Helping new learners adapt to school environment and guiding them towards acceptable national, educational and social behavioral standards
2010 to 2012: Head of Department - Library and Teaching/Learning materials;
- Assess, tabulate, regulate, procure and distribute teaching/ learning materials to both learners and teachers
2004 to 2006: Head of Department - Examinations and Careers Officer;
- Regulate and coordinate all matters related to examinations and helping learners in matters of career choices
2001 to 2015: House master
Creating conducive environment for the learner within boarding section and championing their behavioral patterns towards social and academic discipline
2001 to 2015: Patron Christian Union
Helping students to lead their lives in the faith of God and follow the Christian values
2001 to 2015: Coach, Lawn Tennis
Coaching and presenting students for competitions in the sport
c) Community Development
2019 Jan – to date: Board member AIC Chebisaas National School
2016-To date: Board member Kabore Day Secondary School
2009 To date: Coordinator KABEEI WATER Project (Wrote successful proposal of ksh1.6m)
2008 – To date: Human Resource Manager, KAKOKIPKEU CBO (Affiliate of World Vision Kenya- Soin ADP- Tambach) The ADP was No. 1 Nationally in 2008.
2008- 2013: Committee member Keiyo North Constituency Sec. Schools Bursary scheme
2004 – 2015: Committee member, Elgeiyo/Marakwet Teacher’s Resource centre, ITEN
2008 – To date: Board member Outreach Revival Church, TAMBACH
d) As High School Student – St. Patrick’s Iten:
1991 –1992: Chief Library prefect, (Population 800 students).
1989 -1990: Class Prefect (Form 1W, 2W).