28th March, 2007 to date
College of Health Sciences
School of Medicine
Department of Medical Physiology,
Head of department from 2008 to 2015
2001 – OCTOBER 2006
Surgeon/Medical Officer in-charge St. Elizabeth Hospital, Mukumu.
Responsibilities: Administration and Clinical.
• In charge of the day-today running of the hospital in discharging overall objectives. Working in an environment of minimum resources to meet the set objectives by the Board of Governors.
b) Clinical Duties
• Directly involved in managing surgical cases within the hospital. Personal care loads yearly approximately 300 cases per year – operated in the last 3 years.
• Organized medical camps for various specialized visiting teams of doctors in Orthopaedics, dental and ENT.
• Organizing collaborative clinical trials with other organization vis-à-vis Africa Centre for Clinical Trial (ACCT).
• Involved in supervision of Clinical Officer intern
• Involved with teaching visiting students on elective. Nursing students and Clinical Officers.
1996 to 2001 Post graduate studies at Nairobi University.
1993 to 1996 Medical Officer St Elizabeth Hospital Mukumu
Clinical duties / Administration
1) In charge of hospital pharmacy
2) Member of hospital managed team
1993 Medical Officer - In charge of Mwihila Mission Hospital
(Government – Ministry of Health Secondment)
Administration and Clinical duties.
1992 to 1993 Medical Officer at Kakamega Provincial General Hospital.
1991 to 1992 Medical Officer Intern at Kakamega Provincial General Hospital.