- Profession: Civil Engineer (Specialized in Highway Engineering).
- Registration: Registered with Kenya Engineering Technology Registration Board (KETRB).
- Registration Class: Professional Engineering Technologist.
(i) Fellow Member; Institution of Engineering Technologists and Technicians of Kenya.
(ii) Lead Expert; Environmental Impact Assessment/Audit.
(iii) Member; Institute of Directors (Kenya)
- 16th June, 2011 to 24th June 2017, I was a member of Board of Directors, Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA) – (courtesy of Moi University).
- October to December, 2011, I was appointed Member of Road and Road Furniture Technical Committee, Kenya Bureau of Standards (KeBS) - (courtesy of Moi University).
- As a Professional, in 2010, I was appointed by Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure Development (courtesy of Moi University) to be Member of Road 2000 National Coordination Committee of Kenya Road Board.
- Between 2013 and 2014 I was appointed by Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT); and Tshwane University of Technology (South Africa) respectively as External Examiner/Assessor for their postgraduate students’ theses in my area of specialization.
- From 1st August 2011 to 30th Sept.2015, I was the Head of Department, Civil and Structural Engineering.
- July 2011, I was promoted to Senior Lecturer according to University’s promotional policy.
- 1n Sept. 1994, I started teaching at Moi University on part-time basis and in August 1995, I was employed as full time lecturer. I fully participated in performance of duties as stipulated in Moi University Academic Staff Appointment policy.
- In 1992 -1994, I taught at Kenya Polytechnic as a lecturer and coordinator for Higher Diploma in Construction (Highway engineering option) training.
- In 1984, I joined the Department of Staff Training of Ministry of Transport and Communications as Officer in- Charge of Technician Training. Besides my administrative duties, I participated as a team leader in preparations of training manuals for various cadres of technical personnel in Aerodromes; Materials and Roads departments of the Ministry. During my time in the Department, it developed tremendously in matters of training and I left when it was changing to the current day Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology(KIHBT)
- I rose up the ranks to become Provincial Materials Officer in 1982 and was in-charge of now defunct Central and Eastern Provinces. Notable among the projects whose both construction and quality controls were under my supervision were Thucii - Nkubu Road in Eastern Province, and Murang’a – Jumbi –Kiriani Road in Central Province.
- After completing training in 1973, I was first employed by Ministry of Works (Kenya) and for 9 years I managed various laboratories that carried out research and testing of civil engineering materials.
- 3rd May 2016 to 30th March 2017, I was a Member, Board of Trustees, Kenya Methodist University (KeMU).
- October –December 2004, I participated in Chair Donation Project for Lelmolok Anglican Church of Kenya (Cheptiret Parish), Uasin Gishu District. The project was very successful and the church was equipped with sufficient chairs.
- 20th August, 2003 to 31st July 2011, I was Hostel Warden (Moi University, Main campus).
- 2000 to 2003, I was member of Steering Committee for Kiamiogo Water Project in Kibirichia (Buuri District, Meru County). Today people of Kiamiogo location have adequate piped water for domestic use and for farming activities.